Friday, January 8, 2010

Finally Friday...

Today was great!
Started out perfect .. woke up on time, got my coffee, got to school.
GOT OUR TOOL KITS!!
I have to be honest... this is the only day so far that i've been looking forward too. Getting your chef's jacket is like the initial initiation, and getting your tool kit is like validation. I can't wait to use them!!! ( I just might have to make a late night dinner... who knows?) I have to work tonight until midnight... not so bad since I don't go in until 6. I STILL haven't gotten paid however.. For a day or two I had convinced myself that it was the mail, and I felt like a complete ass for bitching to the people at work about it. Except... I got mail today? I keep getting the same letter from my bank in AK about the SAME transaction, it's weird? makes me feel all de ja vu-ish. It's been lightly snowing here the past couple of days. My back alley exit was blocked this morning by a plow truck.uncool. I have to walk to work today because of the lack of paying me they have.. which means I have to leave an effing hour earlier than I should.. which FYI is ridiculous.
We are supposed to start our stages soon! I'm excited about it! I saw a couple of places on our stage list that i'm actually VERY interested in. To be honest, i'm nervous about it, but... i'm going to follow my new years resolution and just DO IT.. ( I have found the IT to DO!) well ... I need to go mentally prepare myself for work ... wish me luck ( and cross your fingers I do recieve a paycheck tonight ... :)

farewell for the night!

2 comments:

  1. katie! i'm so glad school is going well! sucks about the paycheck though. i hope that works out. i love reading your blog so thanks for posting!!! - your cuz cuz Allison :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean...getting my tool kit just showed it was all true and we are really in pastry school.
    I'm excited for stages, but a little nervous to get one started. I might talk to elaine, im just a shy person at first and get really nervous.
    hope you got your paycheck!!
    i am so excited for tomorrow! i just want to get in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete